Agenda Day 2: Main Conference
7:30 am - 8:15 am Registration & Coffee
8:15 am - 8:30 am Chair Opening Remarks
8:30 am - 9:00 am Morning Keynote Address: From Insights to Action: Understand Millennials and Transform Data into Results that Matter
‘Millennials’ is still a buzzword and for good reason. The demographic is a powerful generation re-shaping the views of our world, dictating how companies operate as they advance into leadership positions and gain more buying power.
Hear this leader share:
- The latest in millennial insights and the behavioral patterns that separate
them from the baby boomers
- Attitudes of Generation Z and how to anticipate their needs
- Practical steps in how to leverage the data to enhance the experiences
of these generational groups and increase ROI
9:00 am - 9:30 am Case Keynote: Break Complex Nodes in Customer Journey Mapping Through the Customer's VoiceStacey Metcalfe - Manager, Voice of Customer Strategy & Planning Toyota Canada
Your customers do not always stick to the planned customer journey mapping and you must be ready to face this reality. See how Toyota Canada, with its 250,000-member online panel, fills the gaps in marketing research by properly leveraging customer feedback (VoC) to improve products, processes, and even the customer experience.
- Understand your customers and their interactions, physical or digital, with the
- Provide managers and employees with a clear view of your clients' profiles
- Move from thinking based on internal ideas to ideas from outside
- Create the best online community to fuel your business decisions
Stacey MetcalfeManager, Voice of Customer Strategy & Planning
9:30 am - 10:00 am Digital Disruption: Streamline your Automation and Increase your Customer Base
It’s no doubt automation is a great way to provide a seamless and efficient experience for your customers, when deployed well. Yet gone wrong and technology can create unwanted troubles for your end user as they vow never to return to your brand. This panelist will explore:
- When is the right time to turn to automation for a positive CX boost and
generate profitable returns?
- Should you even automate? Will automation harm or heighten your CX strategy?
10:00 am - 11:00 am Networking Break & Experience Drive
11:00 am - 11:30 am Fireside Chat: Design Thinking for Improved CX InnovationSandra Herriot - Director ExperiencePoint
Jennifer McLennan - Senior Director Design & Development Marriott International
Amid today’s digital disruption it can be tempting to think the solution to remain competitive is to produce the most innovative technology or to start assembling a team to work on a cutting-edge product launch. When technology may seem like the natural answer, the way to truly innovate is by maintaining a relentless focus on the customer.
This keynote will share how to:
- Use tried and true design thinking methods to more accurately enrich your
- Discover what actually aggravates and satisfies your customers
- Adopt self-sustaining techniques that allow you to always see your product
through your customers eyes
*If you’re new to Design Thinking, it is recommended to attend the pre-conference introduction to Design Thinking workshop on day 1.
Jennifer McLennanSenior Director Design & Development
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Artificial Intelligence: How to Seamlessly Integrate Chatbots for Increased Customer Loyalty
While the technology has its advantages, chatbots are known to have their limitations in how they effectively respond to customers. In this session, gain greater insight into where and how today’s current technology can break down those barriers and truly enhance your customers’ experience.
- Refine best practices for AI and customer support
- Learn how chatbots can augment your human teams and deliver a highly personalized experience
- Gain more clarity on the technology’s capabilities, determine the most effective use in your CX strategy, and justify the cost
- Learn how you can add natural language processes and machine learning for maximum impact
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Artificial Intelligence: Reap the Massive Benefits of Text AnalyticsNarjes Boufaden - CEO and Founder Keatext
Artificial Intelligence has reached a level of sophistication that allows for game changing analysis of customer feedback. While the old approaches to analysis can provide valuable insights, discoveries emerge slowly. New technological advancements with text analytics allow for faster insights and improved customer experiences, with little to no work involved.
- Explore how AI can revolutionize the way you uncover and respond to customer feedback
Narjes BoufadenCEO and Founder
12:30 pm - 1:45 pm Networking Lunch
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm CX Roadmap: Learn How to Win and Keep Customers through Customer ExperienceCrystal D'Cunha - Chief Experience Officer The Inside View
80% of CEOs believe they deliver an outstanding customer experience, yet only 8% of their customers agree. Only 1% of small to medium businesses have a formal Customer Experience (CX) design strategy in place. With bill 148 now in full effect; it’s critical more than ever that we instill certainty and confidence in our teams so they can provide an outstanding Customer Experience and maximize profitability. In this back to basics, interactive session you will learn:
- A leader’s responsibility in CX Design
- How to build a roadmap with the 7 key steps to Experience Design
- The importance of letting the customer define their journey
- The critical role your team plays in customer service to ensure better experiences
Crystal D'CunhaChief Experience Officer
The Inside View
8:00 am - 8:30 am Networking Break
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Strategic Camps
Our peer-to-peer roundtable sessions are designed to provide an open forum to discuss your challenges and potential solutions. Roundtables are the perfect way to dig a little deeper into a topic and learn new strategies through sharing ideas in interactive groups. Choose one, hour long topic for each portion of the afternoon.
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Social Media: Power, Pitfalls and PotentialDavid Johnston - Social Media Strategist Transportation Security Administration
Social Media integration isn’t always a practice best reserved for the social media or marketing manager. Effective and proactive
adoption and use by the entire team can generate a greater number of desired results. Gain best practices and walk away with practical steps that you can apply in your role now to improve the customer experience one tweet at a time.
David JohnstonSocial Media Strategist
Transportation Security Administration
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Public Sector: Cultivating Client Satisfaction Amid Policies and LegislationJennifer van der Valk - Managing Director Marketing & Digital Strategy Ontario Government
Ashutosh Anil - Business Leader, Client Experience – UX & Ops Support Technical Safety BC
Learn how to provide stellar customer service on a budget. Share and gain new insights into a variety of ways to incorporate superior and sustainable customer experiences despite limited resources.
Jennifer van der ValkManaging Director Marketing & Digital Strategy
Ashutosh AnilBusiness Leader, Client Experience – UX & Ops Support
Technical Safety BC
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm The Contact Centres of 2025: How to ensure yours is built for the futureNeil Lacheur - SVP Customer Experience QuadReal Property Group
Contact centres are in the midst of a critical transition as businesses grow more mobile and automation becomes a thing of the present. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss challenges of their current call centre operations, share techniques for agile and responsive applications, and leave with ideas to create a champion digital transformation strategy that will set them up for future success.
Neil LacheurSVP Customer Experience
QuadReal Property Group
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Become an Omni Channel Master
Becoming a master is no longer an option. The demand for a near-perfect omni-channel execution both offline and in-store rises
steadily among consumers. What skills does it take to deliver covetable, seamless omnichannel experiences? Collaborate with your
peers to identify problem areas and gain new solutions that enable smooth transitions across all touch-points at the right time, the right place and through the right channels
4:15 pm - 5:00 pm Closing Panel: Redefine the Modern Employee Experience with Updated PracticesCrystal D'Cunha - Chief Experience Officer The Inside View
Derek Mihalicz - Head of Customer Experience Unyte
Almira Cuizon - Vice President, Retail Operations Roots
Jessica Cryer - VP, Business and Customer Strategy CSPN
Many companies are growing increasingly aware that providing excellent customer experiences and achieving profitable growth stems largely from the ability to deliver positive workplace experiences for their employees. Yet in our modern world, some are still holding on to traditional approaches to management and office policies that can do more harm than good.
What specifically does it take to successfully attract and retain talent? How do you know you’re really giving employees what they want? Hear from these leaders responsible for developing teams at their organizations share some of the strategies that keep their employees happy and inspired, and their customers coming back for more.
- Identify stale beliefs that can hold your employees back and gain fresh philosophies that make a difference
- Recognize behaviors of leaders who execute a clear vision between customer and employee engagement
- Hear employee engagement success stories and unconventional tactics that motivate employees, increase job satisfaction and drive more revenue
- Learn how you can make small internal shifts that result in big customer impacts
Crystal D'CunhaChief Experience Officer
The Inside View
Derek MihaliczHead of Customer Experience
Almira CuizonVice President, Retail Operations
Jessica CryerVP, Business and Customer Strategy